MRC (Minnesota Resource Center) Mission: Provide quality educational and employment services that challenge and inspire individuals to develop strong work skills and positive attitudes.
MRC’s Vision: Educate and prepare individuals for the demands of a global workplace.
What is MRC, what does it do, what is its history?
MRC, a division of RESOURCE, has been providing effective career services since 1960 and focusing on the individuals who, despite barriers, are taking the initiative to reach their employment and self-sufficiency goals.
MRC is a private, nonprofit, 501( c )3 organization that was founded to provide vocational evaluations for people with disabilities in the Twin Cities. Continuing with its mission of serving individuals with physical, sensory or mental health disabilities, MRC has opened its doors further to include immigrants, refugees, and individuals transitioning off of public assistance. Since its beginning in vocational evaluation, MRC has expanded its services to include assessments, accredited skills training and education services, placement and job retention services and provides services not only in Minneapolis (1960), but also St. Cloud (1990), and St. Paul (1998).
MRC focuses on building the technical and interpersonal skills of its participants for their entrance into today’s competitive workplace. Along with community partnerships, MRC relies on the expertise of its 70+ business partners to assist with the development and enhancement of its services.
What services does MRC provide?
- Assessment Services assist participants in identifying skill sets and potential career options through assessments, tests, community based assessments and related activities.
- Training and Education Services assist participants in gaining technical and interpersonal skills through its accredited training courses with curriculum developed by Minnesota businesses.
- Employment Services assist participants in securing full or part-time employment through an individualized job search model.
- Retention and Disability Services assist participants, once employed, in retaining and maintaining employment through a variety of worksite supports and accommodations.
What makes MRC unique?
- MRC utilizes the expertise of over 70 business partners to customize its training and education curriculum to fit the needs of Minnesota businesses and to offer the most time-efficient career training courses possible.
- MRC offers a holistic training approach to its students that provides an employer-driven technical curriculum and extensive work-readiness training, including interpersonal and business skills and financial literacy.
- MRC offers the business community pre-screened, highly skilled individuals for a wide variety of jobs in a range of career tracks including administrative support, PC tech/technical help desk, maintenance and custodial, operations, manufacturing, and healthcare support.
- MRC services are EFFECTIVE— Click here for our annual Outcomes Report (PDF format).
- MRC services are ACCREDITED— Click here for information on our Accreditations/Licensures/Certifications
Minneapolis, St. Paul and St. Cloud